• Heartworms live in the heart and blood vessels of the lungs, growing up to 12 inches long.
• Heartworm disease can lead to severe problems with the heart, lungs, liver and kidneys and may result in death.
• Unfortunately, there can be a lack of physical evidence until it’s too late.
• Heartworm treatment is painful for your dog, requires weeks of inactivity, and is expensive – costing up
• Mosquitoes transmit heartworm disease from an infected dog to a dog not on a heartworm preventive.
• Just one bite from an infected mosquito can lead to heartworms in your pet.
• One million dogs are estimated to be heartworm positive in the United States each year, and dogs in all 50 states have been diagnosed.
This one is easy.
• Prevention of heartworm disease is less expensive, safer and easier than treatment.
• Given each month, year-round, heartworm preventives can prevent heartworm disease.
• HEARTGARD® Plus (ivermectin/pyrantel) is the Real-Beef Chewable that dogs love, so it’s easy to give.