- What are the treatment options for my dog’s diabetic health? Ask how nutrition works with other available options
- Should nutrition be a part of my dog’s treatment regimen? Would you recommend a Hill’s® Prescription Diet® dog food for my dog’s diabetic health? What if I have multiple dogs? Can I feed them all the same dog food?
- How can nutrition help? What is the benefit of feeding therapeutic nutrition as part of treatment which may include administering pills or shots? What are the pros and cons of using nutrition to help manage my dog’s diabetic health?
- How long will I need to feed the recommended dog food to my dog? Ask how feeding a therapeutic dog food can help promote diabetic health for my dog
- What is the best way (email/phone) to reach you or your hospital if I have questions? Ask if you need a follow-up appointment. Ask if a reminder email or notice will be sent.
The food your pet eats plays an important role in overall health and well-being. Balanced nutrition is an essential part of an active, healthy lifestyle. When your dog or cat has diabetes, it’s even more important to feed the right food consistently. Feeding a veterinarian-recommended food with a consistent nutrient profile will help keep your pet's metabolism level stable so he can stay healthy. For accurate diagnosis and treatment options, always consult your veterinarian and ask them to recommend the best food for your cat or dog's diabetes.
Questions to Ask Your Veterinarian about Diabetes:
Our doctors are here to create your pet's cutomized care plan.
Pioneer Animal Hospital
Here we will share with you all things PET! Please like, share, comment. Your pet is always family here ♥